Sunday, November 4, 2007

Week 2 chatting with Dell

Excellent! Sounds like she's one of the gang & a special dog that loves her entire family. Yeah!!!!!!!!
All the time you've spent with the kids has really paid off! WHen are you going to adopt your next puppy mill dog? After Kati, I'm sure you'll always have a special place in your heart for a mill kid. Dell



Another good day in Kati-land.....six hours alone, nothing torn up, no obvious potty spots and I think she missed me!! Going back to a more normal work at the office schedule and just she how it all works out. Have a great weekend and keep everyone warm!!







thanks for the squeeze! Sammy, Maggie, Peanut, Roxy, Rita, Sadie, Squirt, Mocha & Callie the cat




HI......today has been another good day in kati-land. No drag leash today but still some potty drama in the mornings....guess we will just get comfortable on the backyard until all business is done!! Have a great evening and squeeze all your babies cheeks for me!!



thanks, lisa




They'll be fine for the day! Dell





HI Dell,

We did the two bed last night and she still ended up back in her crate out in the living room. I put the drag leash on her, as it does seem to settle down a bit. Had it off of her all day today until this evening. Since it is the only way I can catch her, felt like we needed tonight with it being Halloween and all. The house is dark and we did not partake, but there is still quite a bit of noise out there. Molly and Dobie get the bed and are still busy sniffing each other and their stuff. I did capture her tonight and "make" her sit in my lap on the floor. She was even relaxed with the rubbing until she decided we were done. She has not learned about furniture yet, her crate and a spot on her blanket by the wall are the only places she actually stops at for a while. If I am moving,she is moving...watching all I do and avoiding me at the same time.



Today was the first time they have been alone with out me watching everything. I really have got to let it go and let them all do their own thing but still working with the potty training. Came home today and the house was fine after their time together......just one little turd in the house and one little pee spot.



There was no room an the inn at BF, we had to do our sleepover at the Best Western in town. We had a great drive, not much going on with the kids and did the same with the stops. Pop breaks, pee breaks or doggie breaks. It really was a good ride home considering. The kids are spoiled but not as much as some of my friends dogs. No bad food, but they have a great house that I make the payments for them....LOL. Not sure the plan for leaving them alone tomorrow. I wonder if I am better leaving her alone crated a bit longer, or keep going with the run of the land........

Have a great one and thanks again....it was on ok day I think. Again, I have got to let go and leave them be to get along...I know this, hope I can do it like I want too.




Hi Lisa,

Why not try having her own doggie bed in your bedroom - then she'll have the option of the crate or her own bed. If your kids are like mine, Molly & Dobie will sleep in it too! My kids are content to sleep on some blankets on the floor - another option. We have doggie beds, pillows & blankets on the floor. Of course, they prefer to nap in the chairs during the day or else they snuggle on the love seat!

I wouldn't be surprised if Dobie & Kati play while you aren't watching. One of these days you'll catch them playing!

When you picked up Kati - did you drive to BF's & stay overnight in the cottage/cabin? Did the kids sleep most of the time on the ride home? When we left BF's - we'd stop every couple of hours (unless the kids were sleeping) for a potty break for them or else we'd change drivers.

Molly & Dobie are so cute!! I have a feeling they are a little spoiled! (which is a great thing!)

I hope to fly out to BF's in Aug. 2008 with my niece for a week. She's 12 years old & wants to be a vet! I'm hoping Bob & I will drive out in May 2009 with the kids.

Tummy rubs to the kids! Great thoughts Dell





HI Dell.......I sold a house I loved with a crappy yard to get the great yard and the ok house. I just could not go any longer without some other dog taking advantage of the big yard. Any time in AZ, feel free to stop by and let your kids run free in the big yard. I am sure everyone would have a blast.



I love your temps and knowing the lake is just a block away....we are still hitting 90 every day, argh!! Yesterday was a great day in Kati land. Took the drag leash off and she was a new kid, and again she and Dobie almost played. Cant figure him out, he usually plays with other dogs better then he is doing with her so far. I came into the office today (needed to see the humans a bit), and she will have 4 hours of running free in the house and yard.....i am a little nervous but figure she will sleep most of the time anyway. She/we are still having a hard time figuring out what to do at night. She does not like the smaller crate and when I move her big one in there, she gets all nervous about the moved crate. So I move it back to the living room and she ends up sleeping in there. She does come in and check it out, maybe I just keep putting her in it and let her figure out that moving it is ok and still the same crate.



Thanks again for the support and good advice/suggestions/loving words.....it is a huge benefit for me to have your outstanding support and kind words......have a great day!! lisa and the kids..




Hi Lisa,

My kids would love to have your yard to play in & they promised they would be really nice to Kati, Molly & Dobie!

Kati will get used to the cleaning lady - she's only been with you a short time.

Today's temp was near 65 - tomorrow it's supposed to be in the fifties! Still warm for this time of year!

Great thoughts Dell

No comments: