Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Woohoo..........

So as i mentioned, mornings are Kati's good time.......she rolls on the carpet, scratches on the carpet, claws herself around the carpet sometimes from one side of the bedroom to the other. I worked weird and late last night so was not getting up when she was. She actually got up twice before i even acknowledged that it was time for us all. So she was on the floor waiting patiently for her tummy rubs and basically for her time to be the center of the universe. And let me tell you once i acknowledge her, Dobie is all in middle the middle of it letting me know he is actually the center of the universe and don't forget it!!

Today she was even more needy it seemed. She has figured out the paw thing with pawing my leg if i stop or rub on Dobie too much. Today i let her wiggle between my legs and then broke the cardinal rule...........I picked her up!! But today, she did not resist like usual but let me leave her on her back and cradle, yes i said cradle her in my arms and lap on her back. I can assure you, she has never allowed any touching of any kind where she was not in control and able to leave when she was ready. It was too cool!! It only lasted about 30 seconds but for her to "submit" and enjoy laying in my lap and having her belly rubbed was huge for us both..........stay tuned to see if we can manage it all two days in a row!!
Kati came up missing the other day, not so much missing but not around. She does not just sit and relax much but a couple times now, i have found her sitting by the pool fence just looking at things on the other side. Not sure what she is looking at, but it is very nice to see her just sit and enjoy without worrying about what is going on and always being on the move.

7 comments:

Lynne said...

Hi Lisa,

I found your blog through Best Friends. I've jumped around and read some posts. I'm not sure how long you've had Kati. Like you, I have 3 dogs...my kids! My most recent arrival is Pearl, a 2-year-old Bichon rescue from a puppymill. She's been with us 3 weeks now. We're having some issues that I would like to chat with you about if you wouldn't mind. Wasn't sure how to contact you so I'm trying this. If you wouldn't mind, you can contact me at browneyedgirl9944 at yahoo dot com.
Thanks!
Lynne

Watson said...

I arrved here from Best Friends too! Daisy has been with me a little over five months. I sure relate to what you write about Kati! Daisy wasn't in a cage, but in a compound with about 50 dogs. Small blessings seem large sometimes!
Barbara at
http://fur-licity.blogspot.com

Watson said...

Just thinking, would Lynne and you, like to start an email list to exchange thoughts, ideas, joys, etc. I'd be glad to set it up. Does one already exist?

Kati - Land said...

Hi,
I sent an email to lynne but an exchange list sounds good. i can be reached at ....snoopy61@cox.net

thanks, lisa

Watson said...

It's easy to set up a list at yahoogroups.com and put in some security against spammers. What shall we call it????

Daisy is having a bad day, so I am too! Early mornings and late evenings seem her best times. Wonder if that refers to the time schedule at the mill.

Kati - Land said...

Sorry you guys are having a bad day. I have found that my attitude has very much to do with the kind of day/attitude that Kati would have. Once i stopped worrying about what she did, when she did it and just let things happen......we both did much better. How about we name it something like.....rescuekids. i am open to anything at all. We have big storms here tonight and so we are all just trying to not let thunder and lightning be a big deal.....LOL

Watson said...

Yes, I wondered how much she picks up from me ... annoyance when she pees on the carpet when she has just been outside, anxiety that I'm not "good enough" or doing the right thing, etc. It's nice to get some confirmation from someone else who is on the same path! Thanks.

Hope your storm didn't cause damage.
Barbara